The Stenwood Library is a warm and welcoming place for students, teachers, and parents. It is the goal of the library program to develop and encourage a love of reading for all students and assist them in becoming critical thinkers who are effective and responsible users of information. Parents are always welcome in the library as volunteers for shelving and book fair or to help when their child’s class is scheduled. Please feel free to contact the librarian with any questions or concerns.
Enjoy our wide variety of books!
Rules for Borrowing
- Pre-K through third grade will checkout at their weekly scheduled class.
- Fourth through sixth grade will checkout every other week with their regularly scheduled class. Some teachers will also arrange for their class to come for checkout in the “off” week.
- All students may come to the library for open checkout at the discretion of their teacher.
- Pre-K and kindergarten are limited to one book each week at checkout.
- All books are due TWO weeks from checkout.
- Students may renew a book as many times as they want, as long as it is not on hold for another person.
- Overdue notices are automatically generated every week on Wednesdays.
- HOWEVER, to save paper, the library only sends them out every 2-3 weeks. Therefore you may see a “Second Notice” or “Long Overdue Notice” even if you never saw the first notice.
- Overdue notices are a reminder to students and parents to look for the book and make sure they still have it. If a student thinks they’ve returned the book to the library they should check with Mrs. Cole.
- Students or parents should always check with Mrs. Cole prior to paying for a book. It may have been shelved before being checked-in.
- Fines are not charged for overdue books.
- Fines will be charged for lost or damaged books.