Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Hive Happenings Newsletter
Dear Stenwood Families,
It is hard to believe we have almost finished our fourth week of school! We have enjoyed every minute. We are looking forward to seeing many of you at the Ice Cream Social this Friday! Come join us for fun with a DJ and ice cream! All students must be with an adult the entire time - this is not a drop off event. We look forward to seeing the whole family!
Erica Riley, Principal
Meredith Mitchell, Assistant PrincipalPositivity Project: Teamwork/Citizenship Week of 9/23-27, we will focus on Teamwork/Citizenship
You work well as a member of a group or team. You are loyal and sacrifice your individual desires for the greater good.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?” ~Martin Luther King, JR.
Questions you might enjoy talking about.
• What does the word sacrifice mean?
• What does the word individual mean?
• Explain “greater good” in your own words?
Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) Important Dates:
Harlem Wizards vs Statesmen Stars
• September 21, 2019 – Request for CogAT or NNAT retake due to Dr. Mitchell or Mrs. Herendeen
• September 25, 2019 at 8:45am – Continuum of AAP Services overview Parent Meeting (repeat from Back-to-School Night meeting)
• October 10, 2019 – Level IV Referral Form and optional materials due for AAP Level IV Fall Screening (only for students new to FCPS since January)
• November 12, 2019 at 7pm – AAP Screening and Identification Parent Meeting (following PTA meeting)
• November 13, 2019 at 8:45am - AAP Screening and Identification Parent Meeting (repeat of night before)
• January 9, 2020 – Level IV Referral Form and optional materials due for AAP Level IV Spring Screening
For more information regarding the above dates and AAP in FCPS please click here.
If you have questions, please contact Payal Herendeen, Stenwood ES AART at email@example.com.
Come cheer on Ms. Craig and Mr. Saruul and special guest player FCPS School Board member Ryan McElveen!
Friday Oct 11,2019 7:30pm Marshall High School Gymnasium. Doors open at 6:30!
Come out for this fun event with a night filled with tricks, hoops and Alley Oops! A variety of concessions will be available so you can plan to have dinner at the game! Tickets are on sale now!
Visit https://harlemwizards.thundertix.com/events/154265 to order tickets. Order early, there is a limited number of seats available for this incredible show!
Funds to benefit the GCM Class of 2020 All Night Grad Celebration. For every ticket sold to a student or parent of Stenwood Elementary school, a portion of the proceeds will also be donated to the Stenwood.
Visit www.harlemwizards.com for more info on this amazing team!
Questions? Please contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org
This one-time training is provided by the Fairfax County Health Dept. and is required for anyone volunteering in the school Health Room. Pre-registration is not required.
Tuesday: October 15, 2019
Annandale District Office / Heritage Building
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
7611 Little River Turnpike
Suite 400E (East Wing)
3rd Floor Conference Room
Annandale, VA 22003
Lice Resources for Parents and Guardians
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) and the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD) have provided several resources for parents and guardians who are interested in learning more about lice. These documents are available in English and several other languages at the following links:
Sept. 20 - PTA sponsored Ice Cream Social/Help the Hive/Spirit Night from 6:00-9:00PM
Sept. 25 - CARES Pizza
Oct. 7 - 18 - SCA Winter Accessories Drive for Graham Road ES
Oct. 7 - PTA Meeting from 7:00-8:00PM
Oct. 11 - Field Day
Oct. 14 - School Planning Day - Student Holiday
STAY CONNECTED TO STENWOOD ES
Here are a few ways to stay connected with all the happenings at Stenwood ES