Stenwood's Family Liaison
Who Are Family Liaisons?
Family Liaisons are special staff members who work in your child's school. They help you get the information and assistance you need to support your child at home and to ensure your child's academic success.
Why Do Schools Have Family Liaisons?
Family Liaisons serve as a communication link between home and school. They welcome and orient families to the school and familiarize the families with the school's culture, policies, procedures, and practices.
What Can Family Liaisons Do?
Because family liaisons know a great deal about your child's school and community, they are a valuable resource for you. They can connect you with the appropriate people within the school or community who can help you meet your child's needs.
Family liaisons establish and build successful working relationships with the families of all children in the school. They appreciate the school's cultural diversity and work to foster unity, cohesiveness, and cooperation among all families.
All family liaisons are proficient in the English language; many speak one or more additional languages.
How Do Family Liaisons Help Parents?
- Family liaisons provide services such as the following to assist you and your child.
- Encourage open communication between you and school personnel.
- Explain the purpose and process of conferences and school meetings.
- Attend conferences and school meetings with you to clarify procedures and processes.
- Arrange meetings between your family and school staff members.
- When needed, make arrangements to have language interpreters or translators at school meetings.
- Explain school policies, practices, and programs.
- Provide information about school goals, resources, and activities.
- Give school tours.
- Offer suggestions about how you can become involved in your child's education and your school community.
- Help you connect with any special help or service your child may need.