Get Involoved and Support Stenwood
Stay Connected with Stenwood ES
- The Stenwood PTA supports the relationship between parents and teachers to help enhance our educational enhance the educational environment. The PTA offers fun educational events for our students. Become involved by joining our PTA.
- The Stenwood PTA invites all parents of children enrolled at Stenwood, the Stenwood faculty, and any interested community members to join.
- The PTA actively supports the school through many projects, fundraisers, and committees. The program of the school reflects the fine assistance of the school PTA community. Our school welcomes and appreciates your involvement in this important organization. For more information, see the information below or contact Courtney Peksens, president, email@example.com.
Grace Art is a supplementary art program funded by the PTA and presented by parent volunteers in each classroom once a month. If you would like to volunteer with our Grace Art PTA, please get in contact with your child's teacher. No experience necessary!
- Volunteers are essential to the success of Fairfax County Public Schools. Many enriching and worthwhile experiences are afforded to our children through the volunteer help from parents. With this support, teachers are able to provide more direct instruction.
- Parents interested in volunteering time and services are requested to contact the PTA volunteer coordinator and the classroom teacher. Please remember when you are coming to volunteer this is not a time that teachers are able to meet with you. If you have a concern that you wish to discuss with your child’s teacher please arrange a time for a meeting through e-mail or a phone call.
- Volunteers are strongly discouraged from bringing younger children with them when volunteering. Volunteers bringing very young children with them are usually not able to adequately focus on the educational process for which they volunteered. There simply are too many distractions for them, for their very young children, as well as for our students, for much meaningful education to take place.
Volunteer Opportunities with FCPSVolunteer with us!
Background Checks for VolunteersLearn about the FCPS background checks
FCPS Cares is an opportunity for parents, staff, and community members to recognize FCPS employees for going above and beyond to help others and show they care. We invite you to submit your story so we can all acknowledge the good work of FCPS employees.
FCPS Business and Community Partnerships
FCPS is seeking businesses and community groups to partner with the schools. Currently, we have more than 300 business and community partners in 198 schools.